You will need:
4oz of mixed fruit
4oz of Vegan butter or marg
4 oz of soft brown sugar
1 cup of water
Tbs of mixed spice
6oz of self raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
- Set the oven to 160 degrees/Gas mark 4
- Melt the sugar, water, marg, mixed fruit and mixed spice in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir in
- Pour mix into loaf tin
- Bake in middle of oven for 1 hour
More from The Kingcombe Centre
With thanks to the team at Kingcombe for this recipe!