Taste* Lemon Curd © Todd Moffat
Lemon curd spread thickly on toast or brim full in a tart. What could be better?
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- Zest and juice of three unwaxed lemons
- 4 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
- Melt the butter, sugar in the lemon juice with the zest over a simmering saucepan of water,
- Then slowly add the melted mixture to the egg yolks and egg and stir very carefully over heat until thickened like fresh custard, it must not boil, it should form a channel on the back of a spoon
- let it cool down and use either on toast or in a tartlet
Don't like washing up?
If you don't fancy the washing up, then just take a drive down to the Chesil Beach Centre, and pop into the Taste* Cafe for a slap up lunch, or maybe just a lemon curd tartlet (or two!). When you've finished you can take a relaxing walk around the visitor centre and enjoy a walk along Chesil Beach.
More about the Chesil Beach Centre