This makes a great pudding served warm with custard cream or ice cream and can also be steamed in a pudding basin.
250g/8oz very soft butter or margarine
250g/8oz caster sugar
375g/12oz self raising flour
Half tps baking powder
Finely grated rind of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 orange
Half jar of orange marmalade
- Grease and line with parchment an 8 inch cake tin and spread the marmalade in the bottom
- Put all the other ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat together very well (use a machine if you have one!)
- Pour the mix into the tin on top of the marmalade
- Bake for 30-40mins at Gas mark 6
- Leave to cool in the tin before removing
Vary the recipe using lemons or limes
More from The Kingcombe Centre
With thanks to the team at Kingcombe for this recipe!