Taste* Fruit Scones © Todd Moffat
There's nothing quite like the taste of freshly baked fruit scones straight out of the oven. Todd Moffat at Taste* Chesil has come up with another great recipe for us this month. Enjoy!
Ingredients (to make 12 scones)
- 18 oz plain flour
- 5 oz salted butter
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 2 oz sultanas
- 2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Place the dried ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix slowly to form a crumb
- Add your wet ingredients and mix to a doughy consistency, should mix until bowl is clean.
- Roll out to 2.5 cms thick and cut out scones with a 8-10 cm cutter.
- Place in a pre heated oven 210C for 13 minutes
If you don't fancy putting the oven on, just drive down to the Chesil Centre, and pop into Taste* Cafe. We're sure there will be some scones on the menu - then you can have a leasurely look around the Centre and take a bracing walk along the beach!
More about Chesil Centre