Beachcombing in the Bay
(Drive through village to toll booth.), Kimmeridge, Dorset , BH20 5PE
About the event
Everything that the sea washes ashore has a story to tell. What is it? Where has it come from? How did it get here? Join us at Kimmeridge to search for and discover the stories behind some of our more common and unusual beach treasures. Unlock the mysteries of what a Mermaid keeps in her purse, or why some seashells have tiny holes drilled through them.
This event is weather dependent.
BOOKING ESSENTIAL, call 01929 481044
What you can expect from us:
- All activities are currently only taking place outside.
- Booking is essential, as there are limited spaces.
- Bookings can only be made up to, and including, the day before an event. We are unable to take any bookings on the day.
- There will be a health and safety talk at the beginning of the activity
- Face coverings are not required outside but may be worn if preferred.
- Handwashing facilities are available in the centre and in the public toilets
- All events may be subject to change.
What we ask of you:
- If you, or a member of your group has any covid-19 symptoms please stay home
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early, so that you can pay, and we can book you in.
- Please be mindful of others space.
- Children must be accompanied at all times.
- As spaces are limited, if you are booked onto an event, please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to attend so that we can offer your place to somebody else. This helps us invest more in local wildlife conservation.
- Please take any litter back with you to recycle or dispose of it in a bin.
Price£5 per adult; £3 per child.
All children must be accompanied by an adult.