This month we have a recipe from Todd Moffat at Taste*cafe@Chesil Beach. The team at the cafe will also be running a Tapas Evening on the 14th June at 7.30. It's £25 for 13 dishes, 2 desserts and a complimentary drink, with a live guitarist, and possibly a lovely Chesil sunset. With hares (not guaranteed). If you are interested you need to book via the cafe on 01305 257776 or 01305 206196. Click here for more details
Back to the brownies...
150g plain chocolate
120 ml vegetable oil
215g muscavado sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
65 g SR flour
60g cocoa powder
75 g walnut pieces
30 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Whip oil, eggs and vanilla essence
- Add sugar then add melted chocolate
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, walnut pieces and chocolate chips.
- Put into a lightly greased 19cm square cake tin and place in the oven for 35 minutes
- Cool and cut into pieces
Visit the Chesil Beach Centre
Once you've made your chocolate brownies, come and visit Taste*cafe@Chesil Beach and our team at the Fine Foundation Chesil Beach Centre - for a great day out!